Saturday, December 20, 2008

23: Growing Up, Growing Older

Back in NJ again, and with snow to greet me. For a little bit I was appreciating it more, just because I've spent the past month surrounded by folks who don't see snow that often. Reminded me of the Irish in a way. But now that I'm here, and there's snow on the ground, I'm less enthusiastic as I would have hoped. It's snow, and there's only so many snowmen one can build, especially when one left her snowboots back in VA where they are clearly needed. By my closet.

I'm staying mostly at my father's during this vacation, due to my triumphant return to Lush (where the new people greet me as 'OooooO. You're Courtney.' (I feel like a superstar. Albeit, one with little money and a whole lot of ridiculous). Although the tenuous aspects of living here are still here, more than ever I feel at home where I am. I don't know if it was the little moments I spent putting up old posters and new scarves so that my room looks lived in, or merely a side effect of so many homes in so many years- it's a bit like that line from Buckaroo Bonzai "wherever you go, there you are."

No comments: